Mines View Park is one of the most overrated places to visit in the City of Baguio. When you hear the place Baguio City, there are a couple of tourist spots that immediately comes to your mind:
- Burnham Park;
- Mines View Park;
- Botanical Garden; and
- Wright Park; among others.
Since Baguio City is so small that when tourists visit, all the streets are clogged. It is like fitting a 1.5 liter of water in a 500 ml container.
During peak season, the roads going to these tourist spots are filled with cars with plate numbers coming from all provinces around the Philippines (Name it!) and sometimes they are not even moving. It is as if the roads are large parking areas. Maybe the tourists have the same mindsets? They all go in the same direction.
More often than not, if you will be visiting Mines View Park during the daytime, you will be wasting bulk of your vacation time in traffic which you can use in other less stressful activities in the city. Aside from that, you will also be stressed with your parking area since all of the cars during the day go to the same area. And lastly, you will just be inserting yourself in a very small crowded area.
Going to Mines View Park? Why don’t you visit it at around 4:30 am and witness the sun rise?
If you do that, just imagine the experience you will have that the other tourists missed:
- You will not be caught in traffic. The road going to the park is wide open. Including the parking area.
- You will not be squeezing yourself to pass through a large number of crowds visiting the park.
- You will save a chunk of your vacation time.
- You will feel the cold pine breeze of Baguio City which is basically the reason why you visited the City. You can have a cup of coffee from a nearby store while waiting.
- You will be able to witness how to sun pierce through the morning mists over the mountains.