Road trips are not measured by how far you’ve gone and by the distance markers you have passed through, it is measured by memories you had with good people along the way.
Traveling 363.3kms from Baguio City going to Ilocos will take you hours on the road with a lot of things to do along the way. There are a very wide variety of activities you can do, landmarks to visit, and foods you can taste.
1. Have a Free Photoshoot at Vitalis Villas, Santiago, Ilocos Sur
This Santorini (Greece) inspired resort will give you “instagrammable” pictures you can share with your friends.
2. Dive at the Cold Waters of Pinsal Falls, Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur
The cold waters of Pinsal Falls is a great way for you to cool down those heating bodies from the blazing temperature of Ilocos. It is just a few kilometers away from the national highway. This adventure is a great starter for your Ilocos Road Trip.
3. Visit the Bantay Bell Church, Bantay, Ilocos Sur
Bantay Bell Church is very famous when visiting Ilocos because of its similarity with the Cagsawa Ruins in Bicol and because of the different poses you can do that will result to funny optical illusions.
4. Walk Back in Time at Calle Crisologo in Vigan, Ilocos Sur
Calle Crisologo will bring you back to the Spanish Colonization. You will still see Spanish-inspired buildings not only at Calle Crisologo but the whole Vigan.
5. Watch the Dancing Fountain Show at the Vigan Plaza
Feed your eyes with the spectacular musical dancing fountain of Vigan which is located within the vicinity of their plaza.
6. Eat Halo-halo Beside the Paoay Lake, Paoay, Ilocos Norte
Eat your special halo-halo beside this lake. It is a refreshing way to rest after hours of driving while your eyes wander in this scenic view.
7. Visit Malacañang of the North, Paoay, Ilocos Norte
Have a historical adventure about the Marcoses in this mansion that contains different artifacts about the Marcos Family.
8. Have a Topsy Turvy 4×4 Ride at Culili Point, Paoay Sand Dunes, Paoay, Ilocos Norte
Make your stomach turn with this crazy adventure that showcases an almost 90 degrees slopes and will make you shout your lungs out! 🙂 This is also the place where they shoot the movie of the late Fernando Poe Jr. called “Panday” if you are familiar with that.
9. Drop by the Paoay Church (Iglesia de San Agustín de Paoay), Paoay, Ilocos Norte
Have time to drop by the Iglesia de San Agustin de Paoay or Paoay church. It is declared a National Cultural Treasure by the Philippine Government in 1973 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site under the collective group of Baroque Churches of the Philippines in 1993. It is a massive church with a remarkable Baroque architectural design that shows its Spanish influence.
10. Catch the Sunset at Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte
Witness the sun at the beach of Pasuquin as it sets and watch its playful vivid colors for free while inhaling the freshness and coolness of the sea air.
11. Have a Stop Over at Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, Burgos, Ilocos Norte
Have a little walk going up this lighthouse and feel the cool breeze coming from the sea.
12.Pose at the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation, Burgos, Ilocos Norte
Take your selfies in front of these white limestones as the strong waves splash on the background.
13. Be Blown by the Bangui Windmills, Bangui, Ilocos Norte
Feel the heavy blades of the windmills as it whoosh over your head. These gigantic fans will make you think how they were planted in the beach and over the surrounding mountains.
15. Have a Dip at Pagudpud Beach, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
Take a moment to have a dip at the white sand of Pagudpud Beach. The waves are friendly and the waters are cold. This is a great place far away from the busy life of the cities.
16. Traverse through the Patapat Viaduct, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
Pass through the 4th longest bridge in the Philippines which was built below the mountains and above the sea. This area should be scenic except for this gloomy weather that hid the blue sky and the supposedly green mountains and sparkling waters.